Are you trying to switch from Spotify to Apple Music, but you already put so much work into your Spotify playlists that you are hesitant to switch?
You can convert playlists between music streaming apps, which is something many people don’t know. It is easy to download free websites and third-party apps that will allow you to transfer your Spotify playlists to Apple Music and other streaming platforms, so you do not need to spend time re-creating your playlists.
Let’s learn how to convert Spotify playlists to Apple Music on different devices.
How to Convert a Spotify Playlist to Apple Music From an iPhone
People wonder if they can copy and paste their favorite playlists from Apple Music to Spotify because they are two of the most popular music streaming apps right now. Free websites are available, but apps are more convenient.
On your iPhone, SongShift is a good app for converting Spotify playlists to Apple Music.
Currently, it is only available for iOS devices, so Android devices are not supported. In addition to transferring Spotify playlists to Apple Music, SongShift can also transfer playlists from many other music streaming apps, such as Tidal, YouTube Music, Napster, Deezer, Pandora, and others.
Here’s how to convert a playlist from Spotify to Apple Music with SongShift
1. Download SongShift on your iPhone and open it
2. Click on the + Plus icon located at the top right corner of the screen
3. Click on Setup Source
4. Click on + Sign under the Select Source Service
5. Search for the “Spotify” and “Apple Music” under the “Music Services” page
6. Choose “Connect.”
7. Log in to your Spotify account.
8. Enter your Email and Password associated with Apple Account.
9. Allow the app to make changes to Spotify and Apple Music
10. Now click on “Playlist” under “Select Media Type,”
11. Search for the Spotify playlist you want to convert.
12. Click on “Setup Destination.”
13. Go to “Apple Music.”
14. Select “Existing Playlist” or “New Playlist.”
15. Click on “I’m Finished.”
You will only have to wait a few minutes for the app to transfer your Spotify playlist to Apple Music.
How to Convert a Spotify Playlist to Apple Music From an Android?
You can use Soundiiz instead of SongShift on Android devices because SongShift is not available. It requires you to open your browser to use this service. Now that you’ve completed this step, here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Click on the Let’s Go Button
2. On the login page, click on “Sign in with Spotify.”
3. Give the app access to your Spotify account.
4. Choose “Apple Music” as the destination service.
5. Log in to your Apple Music account.
6. Select “Transfer” on the menu.
7. Click on “Spotify” and then “Playlists.”
8. Find the Spotify playlist to transfer it
9. Click on “Confirm and continue.”
10. Click on “Save Configuration” located at the bottom side
11. Click on the Confirm Button
12. Select “Apple Music.”
13. Sign in with your Apple ID.
All you have to do is that. There is only one playlist you can convert at a time. But Soundiiz Premium lets you convert multiple playlists simultaneously.
How to Convert a Spotify Playlist to Apple Music From a PC?
With so many sites and apps to choose from, it’s probably easiest to use a PC to transfer a playlist from Spotify to Apple Music.
TunemyMusic is what we’ll use. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to TunemyMusic website from your PC.
2. Click on “Let’s Start” button
3. Under “Select the Source,” click on “Spotify.”
4. Log in to your Spotify account
5. Search for the playlist you want to convert
6. Copy the playlist’s URL and paste it in the search bar. Spotify users can also upload their playlists directly to the site.
7. Click on Load Playlist
8. Click on the “Next: Select Destination” button
9. Click on Apple Music from the available options
10. Sign in with your Apple ID
11. Click on Start Moving My Music
Can You Convert a Spotify Playlist to Apple Music Without a Subscription?
While Apple Music requires a subscription to use, this app lets you listen to music for free. There are a few limitations, however. The only songs you can listen to are ones you downloaded, recorded, or transferred from your PC. In case you are interested in subscribing, a free three-month trial is available.
In order to use any of the playlist conversion apps listed above, you will need to sign up with your Apple ID.
So, if you wish to transfer your Spotify playlists to Apple Music, you will need an Apple Music subscription. You can also download songs manually and upload them to Apple Music.
Convert Spotify Playlist to Apple Music Online
You will need an internet connection to use any of the above music conversion apps if you want to transfer your Spotify playlist to Apple Music online.
Only SongShift has a mobile app, so it’s the only one that’s available for iOS devices.
If you want to transfer Playlist from Spotify to Apple Music via PC, there are many online services you can use.
Free Your Music is another excellent option in addition to Soundiiz and TunemyMusic. It is available for macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android.
It functions similarly to the other three services.
Use the following steps to convert your Spotify playlists to Apple Music:
1. Open the Free Your Music Easy Transfers app
2. Click on Transfer option located the bottom menu
3. For your source, choose “Spotify.”
4. Log in to your Spotify account
5. Choose “Apple Music” as the destination service
6. Enter email and password associated with your Apple Account
7. Select the playlist you want to convert.
8. Click on the Begin Transfer Button to start
Convert Spotify Playlist to Apple Music Free
In this article, we discussed a number of free applications and services so you can take advantage of them too. However, there are a few that are available in Premium versions that offer enhanced features as well.
Soundiiz Premium, for example, allows you to transfer several Spotify playlists simultaneously. In addition, the Premium version supports converting albums, songs, and the entire catalogue of an artist. A similar feature is available in the Free My Music app. The free version lets you convert just one playlist at a time. A Premium subscription gives you unlimited access to Spotify playlists from Apple Music and vice versa.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Export From My Playlist in Spotify?
You can export your Spotify playlists to a variety of streaming services using different apps. Playlists can’t be exported from Spotify, and only a music conversion service can help you accomplish this task.
In order to export a Spotify playlist, you must sign into your account within the music conversion app. The app also needs permission to access and transfer your Spotify data. You can export any playlist from your Spotify library after granting the app permission to do so.
Music streaming services, such as Apple Music, allow you to select a playlist and then transfer it. There are some apps that only convert playlists with a limited number of songs. There is also a possibility that a particular song on your Spotify playlist is not available on other platforms, in which case the app automatically ignores the song.
Enjoy Your New Music Streaming Experience
There are a lot of apps and websites available for converting Spotify playlists to Apple Music. There’s no need to sign up or pay for their services. Using the new music streaming app, you will be able to access and enjoy your playlists once they have been transferred.
In case you are still unsure whether or not to go with Apple Music, you can read our Spotify vs. Apple Music article.
Do you have experience converting Spotify playlists into Apple Music? Can you share the third-party app or website you used? Feel free to leave a comment below.