Cash App is a convenient, fast and secure way to make online purchases, withdraw funds and send money. Although the process of adding a debit card to the app is commonly questioned, it still poses a challenge. Certainly, the steps are not obvious, so we can help.
As long as you have a bank account linked to your Cash App account, you can add a debit card easily.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are accepted for use with Cash App.
As well as connecting a bank account, Cash App users can also add a credit or debit card as a means of issuing payments.
In case you already have a bank account linked to your Cash App account, you can add a credit or debit card instantly.
With this guide, you will learn how to add a debit card to the Cash App for Android and iPhone. Similarly, we’ll cover whether you can link two debit cards at once and why you may not be able to do so. Check it out.
Check out how to add a debit card to the Cash App.
How to Add a Debit Card in the Cash App on an iPhone?
Cash App’s mobile version makes it very easy to add a debit or credit card. Here’s how:
1. Go to the App Store and download the Cash App.
2. From the main menu, tap the house icon located in the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. Select the “Add Credit Card” option under the “My Cash” menu at the bottom of your screen.
4. To proceed, you must enter your card number. Click “Add Card” on the bottom. This will add your card to your wallet instantly.
How to Add a Debit Card in the Cash App on an Android Device?
Regardless of the operating system on your device, Cash App works the same. As a result, adding a debit card to an Android device requires the same steps as doing the same on an Apple device. Here are the steps:
- Launch the Cash App on your phone.
2. From the main screen, tap the house icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. In the “My Cash” menu, select “Add Credit Card” at the bottom of your screen.
4. Input your card number. Then, tap “Add Card”. This will add your card to your wallet.
Can you Add a Debit Card in the Cash App From a PC?
The Cash App doesn’t accept debit cards from PCs since you cannot sign in to your account in a web browser. The mobile version is the only option since your account is linked to your phone.
Can you have two debit cards on the Cash App?
Unfortunately, the Cash App can only register one bank account and one card at a time. Follow the instructions below to change a non-working or expired bank card:
1. Launch the Cash App on your mobile device.
2. From the main menu, tap the bank icon located at the bottom left of your screen.
3. Click on “Linked Accounts.” You’ll see your linked credit card and bank account. To unlink a debit card, find it under the “Bank Accounts” section.
4. After opening the debit card details, tap the three-dot icon in the corner.
5. Tap “Replace Debit Card.” Optionally, tap “Remove Debit Card” to delete its details.
6. Enter the new card details. When done, tap “Add Card” at the bottom of your screen. Your card is now added to your wallet.
Why can’t I add a debit card to the Cash App?
It is common for debit cards not to link to the Cash App. Usually this is due to the app not supporting your card. Currently, only Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards can be used in the Cash app. You will see an “Error” message on your screen when you attempt to register some business debit cards and prepaid cards.
Depending on whether or not you see the “Error” message, you may need to link your bank account first. The following steps will guide you through the process of linking your cash app to your bank account:
1. Log in to your Cash App account from the mobile app.
2. On the main screen, tap the bank icon located at the bottom left of your screen.
3. Tap “Add a Bank.”
4. You’ll be asked to enter your bank details. Do so and tap “Add Bank.”
5. On the next screen, tap “Add Credit Card.”
6. Tap “Add Card” to link your card to your Cash App account.
You may already have a card registered if you already have a bank account linked but can’t add a card. As of now, Cash App can only support one card.
With the help of our guide, we hope you can add a debit card to your Cash App account. There’s a problem with the fact that you can’t add a second card to the app, but this does make things a lot easier when it comes to logging in and paying. Updates may be soon added to support more types of cards, so users might want to keep an eye out for updates.