Spotify’s desktop version lets you create new playlists from the left sidebar. Whether or not you have a paid account, it is possible to create a playlist within the Spotify mobile app.
You’ll find a list of recommended songs at the bottom of the playlist.
With Spotify, you can create custom playlists to match your listening preferences. The free or paid version both allow you to create playlists tailored to your needs.
No matter which version of Spotify you’re using, here’s how to make and edit playlists.
How to make a playlist on the Spotify desktop app?
To create a playlist on Spotify’s desktop version, follow these steps: Create it, put songs in it, and edit it when necessary.
Create a playlist
1. Open the Spotify app on your computer.
2. Click New Playlist in the bottom-left corner.
3. In the pop-up window, include the playlist name, the description, and the thumbnail image if desired. Then tab on Create
This will take you to your new playlist. Also, it will appear in the sidebar on the left.
1. Choose a song for your playlist.
2. Drag the song into the playlist’s name in the left sidebar. As you do this, you will see a green plus sign appear over the name.
The option to Go to New Releases will appear if your playlist is empty. Additionally, you can find songs to add to a playlist via that option.
Quick tip: You will find an Add button at the bottom of the playlist with Spotify’s suggestions. It will become more targeted as you listen to more songs.
1. Navigate to the playlist you wish to edit
2. If you want to remove a song from this playlist, click the three-dot icon next to it and choose Remove from this Playlist
3. If you want to rearrange the order of the songs, click and drag them.
4. The three-dot icon underneath the playlist name lets you make it secret or delete it. Click it to select the appropriate option.
How to make a playlist on the mobile app with Spotify Free?
For those of you using Spotify’s free version and the mobile app, you can only use the shuffle option on personal playlists.
Create a Playlist
1. Open the Spotify app and Log in if required
2. Click on “Your Library” from the available options located at the bottom toolbar
3. Click on the plus + sign icon located at the top right corner
4. Select a Name for the playlist and click on Create.
1. At the top of your current songs list, tap Add Songs to add a new song to the playlist
2. Find a song you would like to add to your playlist in the app
3. Once you found the song you like, tap the plus + sign to the right of the song title to add it to your playlist
1. Navigate to the playlist you’d like to listen
2. Select Remove from this playlist from the three-dot icon next to the song to delete it
3. Tap the three-dot icon and select the desired option to make the playlist private or delete it
How to make a playlist on the mobile app with Spotify Premium?
The Spotify app also allows you to create playlists if you have a paid subscription.
Create a playlist
1. Start the Spotify app and sign in if you need to.
2. Navigate to the bottom toolbar and tap Your Library.
3. In the top-right corner, tap the plus sign
4. Select a Name for the playlist and click on Create
1. Open the Spotify app, navigate to your playlist and tap Add Songs
2. Look for a song you would like to add
3. Click the plus (+) sign to the right of the song title you desire to add to your playlist
1. Navigate to the Playlist
2. If you want to delete a song, tap its three-dot icon and choose Remove from this playlist
3. Tap the three-dot icon below the playlist title and select the appropriate option to make the playlist private or delete it