Discord is a popular platform for gamers to share video content and chat. Even though this is its primary function, Discord also offers several other interesting features. Among other things, you can create communities around movies, football, ballet, pro wrestling – virtually anything you want.
Furthermore, Discord allows you to integrate with other services, including YouTube, Reddit and Spotify, allowing for a seamless connection. In this article, we will focus on the latter and show you how to play Spotify on Discord.
Using this method, you can share Spotify music on Discord with your friends.
How to Play Spotify on Discord?
Note: Having a Premium account will enable you to get the full benefits of this feature. Users with Free accounts will encounter limitations, and they will see ads, of course.
Here are a few steps you need to follow in order to play Spotify on Discord.
Play music with Spotify and Discord by following these steps:
1. On the desktop, open the Discord app and click the Settings button in the lower-right corner
2. From the Left-side menu, click on Connections and choose Spotify from the available options
3. You’ll be taken to a Spotify EULA page on which you need to agree – click Agree. Remember to sign in to Spotify if you haven’t already done so
4.You will now see a notification that both Spotify and Discord are connected
5. Go back to the Discord app, and click the Connections tab, with your Spotify account selected. Turn the Display on profile switch on
6. Start playing a song in Spotify, click the + button in Discord, and choose the person you want to invite to listen to Spotify
7. The invite screen will appear and show the song you’re listening to. Add a comment if you want and click the Send Invite button.
8. The invite is dynamic, so the songs will change while playing different music tracks or podcasts
Note: Adding friends to the stream will result in additional profile icons appearing in the invite box.
Using Spotify and Discord
This method lets you share music from Spotify with your Discord friends. It also lets you chat with them whilst listening to music. Despite this, you can’t listen to music while voice chatting; instead, you’ll have to type while listening.