In order to scan a Spotify code, all you need to do is open the Spotify app on Android or iOS. On the bottom, between Home and Your Library, you’ll find the Search bar. Select the camera icon in the search bar at the top, and then point your camera at whichever Spotify code you would like to open.
How to scan Spotify codes (Android and iOS devices only)?
You’ll find Spotify codes almost everywhere, from bus stops to billboards to your friend’s phone. The only way to scan Spotify codes is via mobile devices (Android and iOS), not through the desktop player or web player.
You can scan a Spotify code from a mobile device by opening the Spotify app and clicking the Search tab on the toolbar at the bottom. Tap inside the Artists, songs, or podcasts field to open the search function.
Select the camera icon in the Search bar to open your camera. Point your camera at any Spotify code to scan it.
Spotify’s mobile app will detect a Spotify code and automatically redirect you to the encoded content.
What is a Spotify URI code?
Spotify also has something called URI codes. Unlike Spotify codes, they don’t work the same way; pointing your camera at a Spotify URI code will give no results.
They are URI codes that exist outside of Spotify and work like URL links. It’s actually possible to identify anything using URIs, since they are text-based. When it comes to Spotify, they are used to identify (and point to) the same types of elements found in Spotify codes. The elements include music, podcasts, playlists, and profiles.
How to find a Spotify URI code (desktop)?
To find a URI code on the Spotify desktop app:
- Open the Spotify desktop app.
- Navigate to whatever piece of content you want the URI code to. This can be a song, album, playlist, podcast, or profile.
- Right-click that piece of content.
- Move your mouse down the list of options to Share.
- With your mouse over Share, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard (or option key for Mac users). This will make the option Copy Spotify URI appear.
- Still holding down that key, click Copy Spotify URI.